For Hondo’s Honor and Glory,
We will fight on.
We will be fighting when the day is done, and
when the dawn is breaking, we will still be fighting for the white and blue.
We will be loyal to you. Be True.
Fight ‘em Owls
Fight ‘em Owls
Fight Fight Fight
Parents and Students,
My family and I are excited to be Hondo Owls and the entire staff of Hondo High School is excited for an awesome year! We have a tremendous community and an outstanding staff committed to our incredible students.
One of our goals is to help our students connect with each other, our staff, our traditions and our community. Those connections create an environment where students feel safe, secure and cared for on their paths to academic and extracurricular success.
I invite you to follow us on Twitter @hs_hondoisd and on Facebook @hondohighschool to see firsthand the great things our students are doing.
If you have a question, concern, idea or just want to visit, please don’t hesitate to reach out and connect with me.
Let’s make this year a great one. GO OWLS! #getawin
I. HISD will create a safe and dynamic culture grounded in authentic relationships and clear communication.
II. HISD will employ, grow, and retain quality staff.
III. HISD will provide curriculum and instruction that meets the academic, social and emotional needs of all students.
Every Student ♥ Every Classroom ♥ Every Day
Hondo High School recognizes parents as partners in providing all children with a quality education. Hondo High School respects the unique knowledge and experience of parents knowing that they are the first and most important teachers in their children's lives.
To ensure that parents are actively involved in their children's education, it is the policy of Hondo High School:
- To create a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for parents.
- To convene an annual meeting to acquaint parents with the campus, their children's teachers, instruction and programs including Title One programs.
- To provide multiple methods to communicate important information to parents to keep them informed of programs, curriculum, and academic assessments used to measure student progress and the state's academic content and achievement standards. All information oral or written related to school parent programs will be provided in a format and language that the parents can understand.
- To provide parents with opportunities to volunteer at Hondo High School following the volunteer guidelines which include a criminal history check for all volunteers.
- To provide opportunities for parents to be involved at various levels in planning and decision making and also provide timely and repeated opportunities for parents to provide feedback to the school.
- To serve as a referral resource for parents to enable them to locate the services they need for a safe and healthy family.