For Hondo’s Honor and Glory,
We will fight on.
We will be fighting when the day is done, and
when the dawn is breaking, we will still be fighting for the white and blue.
We will be loyal to you. Be True.
Fight ‘em Owls
Fight ‘em Owls
Fight Fight Fight
Student, Parents and Community Members,
My family and I are extremely excited to part of Hondo High School. As we embark on this
school year, I expect positive change, growth and resounding commitment from all our staff for
the betterment of our students. Part of our established goal is to Capture Each Student’s heart
by putting a firm foundation in place built upon respect, trust, and positive relationships. This
will translate into WIN’s inside and out of the classroom. We will continually strive to
encourage and bring out the best in each student.
I invite you to be a part of a long and lasting tradition of excellence which is Hondo.
If I can be of any assistance, I invite you to stop by for a visit or reach out to me via phone. I will
make myself available to you.
WE ARE HONDO!!! And it doesn’t get any better.
Rodney Ramirez, Hondo High School Principal
I. HISD will create a safe and dynamic culture grounded in authentic relationships and clear communication.
II. HISD will employ, grow, and retain quality staff.
III. HISD will provide curriculum and instruction that meets the academic, social and emotional needs of all students.
Every Student ♥ Every Classroom ♥ Every Day
Hondo High School recognizes parents as partners in providing all children with a quality education. Hondo High School respects the unique knowledge and experience of parents knowing that they are the first and most important teachers in their children's lives.
To ensure that parents are actively involved in their children's education, it is the policy of Hondo High School:
- To create a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for parents.
- To convene an annual meeting to acquaint parents with the campus, their children's teachers, instruction and programs including Title One programs.
- To provide multiple methods to communicate important information to parents to keep them informed of programs, curriculum, and academic assessments used to measure student progress and the state's academic content and achievement standards. All information oral or written related to school parent programs will be provided in a format and language that the parents can understand.
- To provide parents with opportunities to volunteer at Hondo High School following the volunteer guidelines which include a criminal history check for all volunteers.
- To provide opportunities for parents to be involved at various levels in planning and decision making and also provide timely and repeated opportunities for parents to provide feedback to the school.
- To serve as a referral resource for parents to enable them to locate the services they need for a safe and healthy family.